workshops : performances : creations : art & theater : workshops : performances : creations

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Note About Barefoot Books

Anyone who has been to one of my storytimes or tellings that involve Barefoot Books knows *why* I love them so much, but folks often ask *how* I got involved with shilling for the company:

I was at a storytellers' exchange, what seems like many years ago, (when the US Barefoot Books office was in New York instead of Cambridge, MA where it is now) and someone was reciting stories from their collection. As I was already being called "The Barefoot Storyteller", it just seemed to make sense that I should familiarize myself with such fine tales. After gathering quite a collection of books for myself and also giving many copies away at my storytelling performances, I contacted the company about opening a retailers account. That's when I first heard about the Stallholders program...but at the time, I believe it was more than a one thousand dollar investment! Not within a Storytellers budget. Happily, the "sign up fee" did later drop quite a bit, and now of course I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have about becoming a Stallholder yourself!

http://www.BarefootBooksStoryteller.com

No comments: